Thursday, April 4, 2024

Paying tribute to your Dog who crossed the Rainbow Bridge

How I wish there could be some way to make our canine companions live forever! That's a big part of the reason I am so passionate about sharing health technologies that can help other pet guardians extend the lives of their dogs. They add so much to our lives, and are such an important part of our families. If there was a way to make my dogs and pets live forever, I'd do it! 

But until we're able to figure out a way to make dogs live forever, we have to accept that at some point they'll cross over the rainbow bridge. We know they'll always be in our hearts, but it's also nice to be able to memorialize them in some sweet way. 

I belong to a few different German Shepherd groups on Facebook, and every day I see a new post about someone who just lost their GSD. I know from experience that the pain from losing a dog - especially losing a German Shepherd - is a pain like no other. They are so loyal and sweet. Losing a dog is losing one of the most valued members of your family. 


When my family's dog, Coco, died back in 1999, me, my sisters and Mom all cried. She was the best dog ever. Coco left an indelible paw print on all of our hearts.  When my friend Laurie's dog, Daisy, passed away a few years ago, Laurie gave me a "Daisy ring," knowing how much I loved her dog (I didn't have any dogs at the time, so I was like Daisy's Aunty a few houses away).  


I loved Daisy so much, I am still wearing my Daisy ring till this day. I also made a "Daisy mug" and "Daisy pillow" for Laurie and also myself, after she passed.  I ordered them from a company called Collage.com, and they did a great job, but for some reason they went out of business and I can't find a picture of the pillow and mug I ordered. When I have time I'll have to take a picture of the pillow I made. I made a mug, too, but someone in my house broke it. I might have to find the original pics so I can order another one through another company.

I recently saw a post by my former high school classmate Kelli, who shared a Facebook photo of some nail art done by someone who had lost their dog, and this was so cute I had to share (you can see a larger pic, below). Because I type a lot (and am a bit sensitive to nail polish) I have to keep my nails really short, but I really appreciate seeing other peoples' nice manicures! I'm always complimenting other peoples' nails and wishing I could have long nails again. I actually used to have long nails when I was 18 and working at a YWCA with an after school kids' program... I'd paint my nails different colors and even added polka dots, and I'd paint all the girls' nails cause it was so much fun and they loved it. But nowadays, when they grow any longer than a millimeter, it slows down my typing. So now I just really appreciate other peoples' really good nail art. Kind of like how, when I couldn't have my own dogs, I loooved spending time with OTHER peoples' dogs! : D  

I love this rainbow (bridge) nail art! This is so cute and sweet. If you'd like to order this nail polish, you can get in touch with Kelli through her facebook page... just CLICK HERE.




I have seen so many different, touching tributes for dogs and animals that have passed. I'll be adding some of the different links and websites for different "memorial ideas" here, as I see them over the next year.

Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment