Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Why I am giving garlic to my dogs (So happy I learned the TRUTH!)

Pease note, i realize this post may have typos, and it may be too wordy, but I really just wanted to get it up quickly. Because there are so many people who need to see this information and the videos, NOW. So I decided to just publish it now and worry about the editing later.  Please scroll down the page to look at some really eye opening videos about Garlic for dogs. In my opinion, every single dog guardian should watch these videos. Please feel free to share this information with other people who might want to know! 

About two months ago I started putting garlic in my dog's food, and have seen nothing but positive health benefits.

I did this after seeing this really eye opening video about how garlic is actually considered healthy and pretty safe for dogs (unless, of course, your dog may have some kind of sensitivity to it). It repels fleas, fights fungus, and if you look further down the page, you'll see a video buy a woman who raves about garlic as a cancer preventive! 

In my opinion, every single dog guardian should watch the video on this page by Gubba from Gubba Homestead.... it was a real eye opener, and i'm so grateful she made this, because the garlic really seemed to help my oldest rescue Shepherd Charlie, who had a pretty serious skin issue caused by an overgrowth of yeast. I was doing a few different things that were helping him somewhat, but after I started adding garlic to my dog's food, the improvement in his skin was very noticea

Why we think of garlic as dangerous for dogs

Most of us have heard that garlic is toxic to dogs. What most of us have not heard is the fact that the reason this rumor started is because there was a flawed study that was done, where dogs were actually given waaaaaay more garlic than any pet Guardian would ever give them. But guess what? The dogs didn't even die in that study. Even after they were forced fed garlic, they had blood changes that might be concerning, but they didn't even die! They went back to normal after the garlic was discontinued. 

As Gubba points out, garlic cannot be patented, so they cannot sell it to you. Instead, it is far far, far more profitable for them to sell you. Toxic flea medications that will make dogs sick. A sick dog generates a ton of money for the a pharmaceutical and veterinary industries, while on the other hand, a super healthy dog that rarely needs to go to the vet, is not anything that helps them financially in any way whatsoever.

How I give garlic to my dogs

Every other night I put 3 or 4 garlic cloves into an instant pot of food I cook every other day, for my eight large  rescue / foster dogs (5 German shepherds 3 huskies).  I do give them kibbble, but I cook veggies and chicken separately, to mix with the dry food, offset some of the negative aspects of kibble (like acrylamide, a known carcinogen.... if you have not seen any videos on acrylamide, PLEASE look at the Dr. Berg video at the bottom of this page.... the one aboutthe most dangerous ingredient in the world). 

Back to the dog food.... sometimes i cut up the the garlic, sometimes i don't, but i do try to mince it so it is more evenly distributed amongst my 8 dogs.

I will typically cook 6 potatoes, plus whatever other veggies, I may have on hand, which can vary depending on what's been on sale at our local market. I tend to buy things in bulk when they go on sale and then store them for the rest of the month.  Things I add have included carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, beans, rice, and chicken. 


I cook the whole pot of food in an instant pot, 20 minutes on the high pressure setting.  This gets divided among eight large rescue dogs, and that is a two day supply. They really like this food, and it smells GREAT when i cook ot with the garlic!

Please have a look at these videos about garlic!

https://youtube.com/shorts/avf5YBGOH88?is=nItXCh9Ve9JFpvji


https://youtu.be/i9B1V8qMuyE?is=s76G4iUkNzKo3AXJ


https://youtu.be/g40_qAvjoFo?si=6HW8KN4_sGyAYH7b


https://youtube.com/shorts/7pHrfp_chiE?is=1nnBr4VojaUB5zXs


https://youtube.com/shorts/NPxhGVJmfQc?is=lHJQaRaHkACi8ySU



The #1  Most Dangerous Ingredient in the World 

(this is the video about Acrylamide)

https://youtu.be/bZ7MLOc9k9c?is=nirU7-00F40vXNdA